ODP Announcement 19-001 serves as a reminder that ODP Quality Management (QM) Certificate Holders who achieved certification during Calendar Year 2017 are due for recertification by December 31, 2019.
ODP created a QM Certification Program as part of its QM Strategy to support four objectives:
- Offer the highest quality services that promote choice and control in individuals’ everyday lives;
- Safeguard the health and safety of individuals receiving services;
- Implement positive practices; and
- Ensure program compliance with regulations.
A pilot of the certification curriculum was started at the end of 2015 and certified the first group of staff in early 2016. Since that time, ODP has continuously improved the content and format, based on feedback from attendees, and offered QM Certification Classes in the spring and fall of each year. Included in the ODP QM Certification program is the requirement for staff to recertify every two years. For those who are not already certified, ODP QM Certification classes are scheduled to occur across the Commonwealth during the Spring of 2019 and will be announced soon.
Recertification is highly recommended, as it supports the continued advancement of QM skills, knowledge, and expertise. All staff who became certified during Calendar Year 2017 and wish to remain certified must obtain recertification, no later than the December 31, 2019 deadline.
Recertification modules and the accompanying test are available on MyODP. Recertification applicants will have 2 attempts – 24 hours apart – to achieve a score of at least 84%. If a recertification applicant waits until December 31, 2019 to take the test, they will have only one attempt, as the exam will close at midnight on that day.
To recertify, staff must complete a review of four ODP QM Recertification Modules:
- Part 1: QM Strategy Updates
- Learn about changes to ODP’s QM Strategy that are included within updated QM Modules 101-105 made available in January 2018
- Part 2: QM Tools Overview
- Discuss tools used in QM
- Part 3: Organizing Data and Creating Graphs
- Learn how to organize data and create graphs for QM monitoring and analysis
- Part 4: RCA – the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Process
- Learn when and how to use this excellent but under-utilized tool. Once staff review this information, they are encouraged to begin using the RCA Process.
Materials from the Recertification Modules should be added to the ODP QM Certification Manual for future reference.
Questions about ODP’s QM Strategy, the ODP QM Certification program, or other questions related to quality management, can be sent to the ODP QM Mailbox.