The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) has announced that proposed amendments to the Consolidated, P/FDS, and Community Living Waivers effective November 1, 2018, as well as new proposed Fee Schedule Rates for Transportation (per trip) effective January 1, 2019, are available for public review and comment. There is a 30-day public comment period that starts on June 23, 2018 and ends on July 23, 2018. As part of this process, ODP is seeking your valuable feedback and comments on the proposed waiver amendments. Whenever substantive changes are made to an approved waiver, ODP must submit an amendment to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval.
ODP proposes to amend the Consolidated, P/FDS, and Community Living Waivers effective November 1, 2018 as follows:
- Aligning eligibility requirements for individuals with autism, service definitions, and provider qualification requirements in the Consolidated and P/FDS Waivers with the Community Living Waiver that was approved effective January 1, 2018.
- Transitioning rates for Transportation (per trip) to the Medical Assistance fee schedule effective January 1, 2019.
- Allowing relatives to provide Transportation (per trip) and adding Transportation (per trip) as an available service through Organized Health Care Delivery Systems.
Follow this link to view the proposed amendments to the Consolidated, P/FDS, and Community Living Waivers effective November 1, 2018.
To submit written comments regarding the Waiver Amendments:
Comments should be addressed to:
Julie Mochon, Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, 625 Forster Street, Room 510, Harrisburg, PA 17120.
Comments may also be submitted to ODP via email.
To submit comments regarding the Transportation (Per Trip) Fee Schedule Rates:
Comments may be submitted by mail to:
Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, Division of Provider Assistance and Rate Setting
4th Floor, Health and Welfare Building, 625 Forster Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120
Comments may also be submitted by email to the Office of Developmental Programs’ rate-setting mailbox.
ODP will also hold two webinars to receive comments on the proposed waiver amendments. Dates and times are listed below. This link must be used to register for either webinar.
- Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Participants are able to participate in the webinar by phone, but will need a computer to provide comments during the webinar. To assist ODP in accurately capturing comments provided during the webinars, individuals are asked to submit a written copy of their comments by email or to mail to the address provided above.
Persons with a disability who require an auxiliary aid or service may submit comments using the Pennsylvania Relay Service by dialing 711 or by using one of the following toll-free numbers:
- 800-654-5984 (TDD users)
- 800-654-5988 (voice users)
- 844-308-9292 (Speech-to-Speech)
- 844-308-9291 (Spanish)
CONTACT: Questions about this communication should be submitted via email.