SAMHSA Webinar: Medicaid Coverage and Financing of MAT, Current Status and Promising Practices
August 17, 2017
3:30 – 5:00 pm ET
- Mitchell Berger, SAMHSA
- Peggy O’Brien, IBM Watson Health
- Colleen LaBelle, Boston University Medical Center
- Mark Stringer, Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Molly Carney, Evergreen Treatment Services
Register for free
The webinar will cover a forthcoming update to the 2014 SAMHSA report on Medicaid Coverage and Financing of Medications to Treat Alcohol and Opioid Use Disorders and will review information on state Medicaid payment policies for medication assisted treatment (MAT). Speakers also will present case studies of innovative MAT models. This up-to-date information about Medicaid MAT coverage will be helpful for consumers and family members, providers, health plan and Medicaid staff, policymakers and government officials.
After this webinar, participants will:
- Understand how MAT currently is covered under Medicaid at the state level
- Understand barriers to MAT coverage and possible actions to improve coverage
- Be able to describe some innovative financing models
Questions? Send via email.
Disclaimer: This webinar is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The views and opinions expressed and the content of the webinar are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of SAMHSA or HHS.