Home Policy Areas STAR Data System to be Discontinued
STAR Data System to be Discontinued
RCPA received notice today from the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) that the decision has been made to discontinue the STAR data system. The discontinuation will occur in mid-September. More information regarding next steps will be provided soon.
Below is the information sent out by DDAP this afternoon:
“The Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs will discontinue utilization of STAR as the database to gather and report TEDS data to SAMHSA in September 2015.
We are planning to shut down STAR at 11:59 pm on September 15, 2015. You will have until then to enter and update information as follows:
- All admissions that occur through August 31, 2015 must be entered into STAR by September 10, 2015.
- Providers should continue to enter into STAR any related documents for these admissions, such as screens, PCPC/ASAM, etc.
- Admissions that take place on or after September 1, 2015 should not be entered into STAR. We will provide additional details in the coming weeks of how and when to report admission information to us.
- All discharges associated with August 31, 2015 and earlier admissions should be entered into STAR if the discharge happens by September 10, 2015.
- All other discharges should be held until further information is provided.
If you have any questions, please contact the STAR Helpdesk at 717-783-8200.”