The Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) and Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) are holding the quarterly Statewide Positive Approaches & Practices Meeting on Thursday, September 27, 2018, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. The meeting will be held at Selinsgrove Center, 1000 Route 522, Selinsgrove, PA 17870.
Pre-registration is not required. Registration is from 9:00 am to 10:00 am the day of the meeting. The topic for this meeting is Managed Care. For more information, contact Marlinda Smith at 814-932-2233 or Heidi Champa.
Also scheduled is Pennsylvania’s Dual Diagnosis Conference, focused on building capacity to better support individuals with complex needs in the community. The theme is Broadening Understanding, Strengthening Support. The conference will be held Tuesday, November 13 – Thursday, November 15, 2018 at Blair County Convention Center in Altoona.
Keynote and Featured Speakers:
- Brenda Finucane, MS – Geisinger Health Systems, Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute
- Dan Dubovsky, MSW – Independent Contractor
- Beth Barol, PhD – Widener University, School of Social Work
- Matthew Wintersteen, PhD – Thomas Jefferson University, Department of Psychiatry & Human Behavior
- Jim Donovan, MEd – St. Francis University
Session Topics Include:
- Genetic Testing, Diagnosis, and Next Generation Treatment Approaches;
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders;
- Supporting the Supporters;
- Suicide Prevention, Assessment, and Brief Intervention ;
- Finding Solutions Together: Practical Assistive Technology and Tools; and
- Behavioral Approaches: Functional Assessment and Intervention Planning.