The Office of Children, Youth and Families (OCYF) has updated guidance as it relates to the completion of the Civil Rights Compliance Questionnaire. Hopefully this will answer some questions you have.
- The Civil Rights Compliance Questionnaire (CRCQ) is required to be filed annually by the Department of Human Services’ (DHS) licensed providers.
- This email is only for providers of service types that are regulated by the DHS and any Provider/Agency that receives a blue Certificate of Compliance issued by the DHS Licensing Administration to operate the type of service it provides. It does not apply to an Agency/Provider that is listed with or receives a license from the Department of Health (DOH). If your type of service is found in the DHS Provider Directory, you are included in this email.
- The Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) providers can be found here.
- This new procedure applies to any CRCQ that must be submitted to the Bureau of Equal Opportunity (BEO) as of December 2, 2021. If you are ready to submit that form, this procedure should be followed.
- If you currently have a Civil Rights Compliance approval letter or you have submitted the CRCQ prior to December 2, 2021, this procedure will be effective with your next renewal. You do not have to resubmit a CRCQ.
- The DHS Licensing Administration will not forward any hard copies or any emailed copies of the CRCQ to the BEO. You must email or fax the CRCQ to your regional RA email or fax number for your regional BEO as noted below.
- The Bureau of Equal Opportunity will not forward any license renewal application or license renewal application payment to the Licensing Administration, as they will not be accepting mail for the renewal process.
- Instructions of where to send the licensing application, licensing application fee (if required), and the Civil Rights Compliance Questionnaire are detailed on the licensing renewal packet cover sheet (HS1230) that is sent via regular mail at the time of renewal.
- Renewal packets will continue to be sent via regular mail 130 days prior to the expiration date of your Certificate of Compliance. The Office of Developmental Programs’ (ODP) providers will continue to receive the renewal request via email and will continue to use HCSiS for your submissions.
- If the deadline for submission of the licensing renewal application, licensing application fee (if required), and the Civil Rights Compliance Questionnaire cannot be met, for whatever reason, you do not have to call for an extension, but it MUST be received by Licensing Administration and the BEO, respectively, prior to the expiration date of your current Certificate of Compliance.
- Any questions concerning the Civil Rights Compliance Questionnaire ONLY should be directed to the regional Bureau of Equal Opportunity as noted below. (The counties comprising the regions can be found on the map in CRCQ application packet):
- Any questions concerning the blue license (Certificate of Compliance) or any fees related to it should be directed to the DHS Licensing Administration at (717) 705-0383.
- Any questions concerning the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) should be directed to 1-800-222-2117.
If you have any questions or concerns with this process, please contact RCPA Children’s Policy Director Jim Sharp.